Keep the following Handy for Packing:
- Detailed Inventory List of All items!
- Strong Boxes and Containers that can be secured tightly.
- Wardrobe Cartons. Leak proof container for medicines.
- Marking Pen, Buff Tape, Scissors and Tissue Paper!
- Garbage bags.
- Cushion Contents with packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper, corrugated cartons and double plastic sleeves for your coaches, chairs and beds!
Professional Packing of Boxes
- Complete all packing before the Furniture Removal Day.
- To save time, assemble all small items for packing in one room!
- Ensure that cartons are properly sealed and banded at the bottom prior to packing the carton.
- Label all boxes as soon as you’re done packing them.
- Pack cartons tight and to capacity with enough cushioning between articles! Boxes that are under filled are more likely to be crushed and boxes that are overfilled will fall apart.
- Wrap all glassware, china and breakables individually in packing materials.
- Put crumpled newsprint or a layer of bubble wrap in the bottom of your box and then slide your wrapped pictures and mirrors vertically on it. If necessary, fill any empty spaces in the box with newspaper or bubble wrap to prevent pieces from moving around. Clearly label the box as fragile!!!
- Small items, loose pieces are best protected packed in boxes/cartons!
- Placing the heaviest items in the bottom, work your way up toward the lightest item and finish with a cushioning layer of crumpled newsprint or bubble wrap.
- Use wardrobe cartons for bulky Light-weighted bedding like comforters, pillows and blankets, as well as clothes that must remain hanging! Remember we have to lift them so don’t overfill or make them to heavy!
- Avoid loading more than 30kg into a box!
- When packing appliances, be sure to apply several layers of heavy- duty tape to the underside of the box. Put down a layer of padding such as newspaper or bubble wraps inside the box before wrapping and packing the appliance self.
- Pack books tightly on end in small boxes. If musty smelling, sprinkle talcum powder between the pages and wrap the book before packing.
- When packing artwork, be sure to slip corrugated cardboard corners onto the edges of each piece.
- NEVER pack explosives, combustibles or liquids between your articles. These could cause damage and will void your insurance.
Wrapping of Precious Items
- Plastic Covers Protects Beds, Mattresses, Couches and chairs against dust and dirt!
- Bubble wrap Protects pictures, mirrors, TV, Tables, etc. against scratches and bumps!
- Draw masking tape from corner to corner in an “X” shape over items with glass overlays, including mirrors and artwork, and wrap pieces in bubble wrap.
- For glassware, wrap each item individually in newspaper and fit layers of bubble wrap in between flat items, such as dishes.
- Have rugs and draperies cleaned before moving and leave them in wrappings for the move.