WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HIRING A PROFESSIONAL MOVING COMPANY
Buying a house is among the most stressful things you can do, and that’s before you have even thought about moving your antique chaise longue or your grandmother’s grand piano. One comforting thought though, while the transfer fee won’t just sort itself out, but the boxes, armoire, chaise longue and piano will sort themselves out… should you decide to hire a reputable moving company.
Before you worry about your precious possessions you need to first decide whether or not you will enlist the help of a moving company, or that of your friends. Let’s look at the pros and cons.
THE PROS OF ASKING YOUR FRIENDS FOR HELP:
- You don’t have to pay your friends, although pizza and beer have become the accepted means of exchange.
- Your friends may ease your stress levels; but only with the odd joke.
- If your friends have helped you move before, they will know just how you like your fragile and delicate items packed.
THE CONS OF ASKING YOUR FRIENDS FOR HELP:
- Your friends are rather likely to be ‘busy’, ‘out of town’ or just ‘unreachable’.
- Your friends may know how you like things done, but they are also likely to break things in certain circumstances.
- Your friends are easily distracted, they may even fall asleep on the new bare floors after their beer and pizza lunch.
THE PROS OF HIRING A MOVING COMPANY:
- Whilst your friends may know how you like things to be packed; a good moving company knows the best way to pack your possessions, thus minimising, (if not eliminating) breakage.
- The moving company, unlike your friends, will not complain how heavy your furniture is, they are used to this sort of heavy lifting.
- Moving companies can not only assist you in packing your belongings, they can also store your things in the event that need to house them elsewhere temporarily. So there’s no need to lose sleep over the safety of your belongings while you renovate your new pad.
- Moving house is nothing short of a project. If project management is not, and never has been your thing, just hand it over to the professionals, after all, your time is valuable.
- Professional movers will ease the burden of the stress and time necessary to ensure a successful move simply because they know what they are doing.
THE CONS OF HIRING A MOVING COMPANY:
While some people will argue that hiring a removal company is expensive, you may want to consider the potential hidden costs of not using a moving company. Buying boxes and packaging to protect your possessions, the cost of rewarding your friends with lunch and the most important cost to consider is that of breakages, it all adds up. The professionals are far less likely to break, drop and squash that which is dear to you. Before you worry about the cost, just get a quote.
Remember, they call them professionals because they move houses for a living. They know the best ways to move and pack everything you own with as little breakage as possible; because their jobs depend on this exact skillset. Ultimately you need help whether you like it or not, and getting the right help means that you move quickly, easily and with as little stress as possible.